Vancouver, British Columbia, March 23, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – The global silicon wafer market size is expected to reach $ 16.01 billion at a CAGR of 5.8% during the forecast period, according to the latest Emergen Research analysis. The increased demand for more compact and lighter connected devices and gadgets is also contributing significantly to the growth of the market. The main market players are entering into partnerships with the aim of expanding their footprint in the market. Governments of countries around the world are focused on implementing favorable policies and regulations to encourage the adoption of electric vehicles. Various companies are focusing on mergers and acquisitions to develop and introduce more advanced components and devices to the market. The increasing demand for more data storage capacity and memory space in mobile devices and servers is expected to support the revenue growth of the global silicon wafer market in the future.
Claim your FREE copy with table of contents @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-sample/576
Some highlights of the report
- In March 2020, ON Semiconductors entered into an agreement with GT Advanced Technologies. The objective of this agreement is to acquire the silicon carbide (SiC) material CrystX.
- In August 2019, ON Semiconductors and Cree Inc. signed an agreement whereby ON Semiconductors will purchase silicon carbide wafers from Cree.
- In September 2019, MIT’s research firm in Singapore, SMART, successfully developed a cost-effective technique to manufacture embedded Silicon III-V chips. These chips offer powerful performance and will be mainly used for computing and communication, offering higher efficiency and reduced heat generation.
- The consumer electronics segment is expected to account for the largest share of revenue during the forecast period. The significant increase in demand for consumer electronics and connected devices globally is a major driver of revenue growth in this segment.
- The major companies operating in the global silicon wafer market are EpiWorks Inc., Global Wafers Japan Co. Ltd., Nichia Corporation, SHOWA DENKO KK, Siltronic AG, Desert Silicon Inc., Electronics and Materials Corporation Ltd., Intelligent Epitaxy Technology Inc., IQE plc. and ON Semiconductor.
Check our prices @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/select-license/576
For this report, Emergen Research has segmented the global silicon wafer market on the basis of diameter, type, application, and region.
- Diameter Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- 100 mm to 150 mm
- 200 mm
- 450 mm and more
- Type Outlook (Revenue, Billions USD; 2018-2028)
- Epitaxial platelets
- Polished wafers
- SOI pads
- Distributed brochures
- Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- Consumer electronics
- RF electronics
Click to access the study of the report, read the highlights of the report and view the projected trends: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/silicon-wafer-market
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- North America
- The rest of europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of the APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- South Africa
- Rest of the MEA
- North America
Take a look at our related reports:
Spherical Graphite Market The size was valued at $ 2,435.8 million in 2019 and is expected to reach $ 9,598.8 million by 2027 at a CAGR of 18.6%. The spherical graphite market is experiencing double-digit growth attributed to its increasing use in the production of lithium-ion batteries.
Sodium Dichromate Market The size was valued at $ 759.2 million in 2019 and is expected to reach $ 1,242.4 million by 2027 at a CAGR of 6.3%. The sodium dichromate market is seeing strong demand attributed to its increasing application in pigments, metal finishing, chromium compound preparation, leather tanning and wood preservation.
Acoustic insulation market The size was valued at $ 12.94 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach $ 19.64 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 5.3%. The sound insulation market is seeing strong demand attributed to its growing application in building and construction, automotive, aerospace and manufacturing.
About Emergen Recherche
Emergen Research is a market research and consulting firm that provides syndicated research reports, custom research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions are uniquely focused on your goal to locate, target and analyze changes in consumer behavior across demographics and industries, and help customers make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and evidence-based research across multiple industries including healthcare, touchpoints, chemicals, types, and energy. We are constantly updating our research offerings to ensure that our clients are up to date with the latest trends that exist in the market. Emergen Research has a solid base of experienced analysts from various fields of expertise. Our industry experience and our ability to develop a practical solution to any research problem gives our clients the opportunity to gain an edge over their respective competitors.
Business Sales Specialist
Emerging research | The Web: www.emergenresearch.com
Direct line: +1 (604) 757-9756
E-mail: [email protected]
Read the full press release: https://www.emergenresearch.com/press-release/global-silicon-wafer-market